Every week, Jon Albano releases a new podcast episode featuring interviews with top performing hoteliers and industry experts. This week he chose our Co-Founder and President, Michael Pleninger, to discuss the manner in which Newport Hospitality Group operates for its associates, guests and owners.
Mike does a great job of articulating our culture and telling the audience why NHG should be their Management Company of choice in the hospitality industry today. After all, we have a great story to share because of the work you our team does every day at to help our partnered hotels.
In this interview, Mike reveals:
- NHG’s strategy for direct sales, its commitment to allocating resources at every property it manages to grow local corporate business and some impressive stats as to how this effort is paying off
- How the team approaches training, and not just role-specific training but customer-focussed training to ensure all employees have the skills and comfort level they need to effectively communicate with their guests
- Strategies for higher employee retention, including several ways NHG has built a culture that fosters connection, support and success
- How NHG approaches online reviews, including relentlessly addressing all reviews, both positive and negative, and how they incentivize their GMs to take this responsibility seriously
- Several issues Mike sees that are affecting hoteliers today